BarberUP respects your privacy and treats your personal information very carefully. This document describes what information we collect and what we do with it.
Information We Collect From Barbers
- Payment Method Details: No payment information ever hits our servers. Your payment details are directly and securely sent to our payment processor, Stripe. Stripe returns back a token identifier and this is what is used to charge your credit card. All communication happens under bank-grade encryption, so that your payment information cannot be intercepted
- Personal Information: We record personal information about you, such as your name, work schedule, and location, mobile app usage, for the purpose of providing customer support and operating the BarberUP service. We disclose your name to clients who you direct us to contact on your behalf, in the ordinary operation of the service. We record your mobile number for the purpose of supporting your use of BarberUP and allowing you to sign into the service. We may reach out to notify you of support issues or new features. You can ask us to stop sending these messages by replying STOP
- Client Information: We record client names, appointment times, and contact details for the purpose of operating the BarberUP service. We do not disclose your client information to anyone, with the following exceptions:
- We follow any order to disclose information issued by competent legal authorities.
- We will disclose all personal information we have on file about a particular client to that client, their legal representatives, or their legal guardians, if they prove their identity to our satisfaction. We will also correct any information we have on file about them at their request.
- We use third-party providers to deliver SMS (text messages) and give these third-party providers information about the reminders to be sent so that they can send them. They are contractually bound to us to treat your data carefully.
- Our employees may see your information in the course of operating the service or providing support to you. We keep employees who have access to information to an absolute minimum, educate them properly about their responsibilities in handling your data, and receive contractual promises of strict secrecy from them.
- Website Technical Information: Our website stores cookies (small text files) on your computer, to let us know who you are and to provide the BarberUP service to you. Cookies allow us to make sure that only authorized users of accounts are allowed to access them.
Information We Collect From Barber Customers:
If you receive a text message through BarberUP, it is because a barber requested us to send you that message, in regards to a relevant appointment. If you do not wish to receive reminders in the future, please send an email to email@example.com and we will ensure that our clients can no longer contact you through the BarberUP service. We will take appropriate action against any customer of ours who uses our service to contact people in an unsolicited or annoying manner.
To send you a reminder, we receive from barbers:
- Your name
- The date and time of your appointment
- Mobile phone number
Information We Collect From Barberup.com:
- Personal Information: We ask for your name and mobile number when you book anappointment. We disclose this information to the associated barber.
- Location: We use geolocation features to display barbers in your area
- Payment Method Details: You may securely store a credit card for your convenience (one time for all your future barber appointments). No payment information ever hits our servers. Your payment details are directly and securely sent to our payment processor, Stripe. Stripe returns back a token identifier and this is what is used to charge your credit card. All communication happens under bank-grade encryption, so that your payment information cannot be intercepted
We retain this information indefinitely, for our records, but we can remove any mention of you from our system at your request. Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide proof of your identity. Our CEO will handle the matter personally and tell you when we have handled your request.